Saturday, August 6, 2011

Knock- Knock

Who’s there?

Boy, do little kids love knock-knock jokes!

My son loves them too.

He’s a great audience because he doesn’t really get the concept yet, so he laughs at anything.  Good thing since I only know two.

Last night he started the Knock- knock jokes while we were riding in the car. He says one and then he makes me say one.

When it was my turn I use my usual repertoire:

Knock-Knock
Who is there?
Banana
Banana who?
Knock- knock
Who’s there?
Banana
Banana who?
Knock- knock
Who’s there?
Orange
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn’t say Banana?

Then there was a twinkle in his eye and I could tell a little light bulb went off. I think he has finally gotten the concept.

So he says:

Knock- knock
Who’s there?
Shriever
Shriever who? (I mean really who or what is shriever?)
Knock- knock
Who' there?
Shriever ( I think he might really be getting it.)
Knock- knock
Who’s there?
Watermelon
Watermelon who?
Watermelon if you want me to say Shriever again.

The three of us erupted got a case of the giggles. So our budding comedian just kept repeating the same joke over and over with different fruit each time.

I guess it's back to the drawing board, as we ended the night with quite a nice fruit salad of knock- knock jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment