Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Material Boy

"Mommy guess what?  A lot of girls like me."

"Really buddy?"

"Yeah, like 5 or 6."

"Wow! That's great. Who are they?"

L__, J___, C__, A__ ( Names are being kept secret to protect the innocent.)

"That's good." 

I returned to the dishes and then 10 minutes later.

"And they like the right boy", he says as he shakes his head up and down.

"What's that?"

"They picked the right boy to like."

"OK?"

"Oh yeah, I have a lot of things."

"What do you have buddy?"  (As I think to myself- You own nothing.)

He unimerates his many valued possesions. 1.__ 2.__ 3.__ 4.__

"Maybe they will like you for what you have in here."  I placed my hand on his chest. 

A few minutes later he says,  "I don't really know why they like me.  Why do you think Mommy?"

I unimerate his may attributes.
1. You're really cute.  He smiles and says, "I know."
2. You're nice.  He shrugs his shoulders and mumbles,"Sometimes."
3. You're talented
4. And you're pretty smart. He lifts up his chin and exclaimes, "I know how to read and a lot of math."

So the lessons here. 
1. We have done a good job with his self esteem. 
2. We are definitely spoiling him.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny how kids start to retionalize things.

    ReplyDelete