Friday, September 9, 2011

It's My Potty and I'll Cry if I Want To!

You would cry too if it happened to you. 

Potty training can make everyone cry both child and parent.

I remember moms who said they would use mini M&'Ms to get their kids to use the potty.  I would outwardly say, "that's great I'll keep it in mind", but inwardly say, "I'm never gonna do that!"  I'll use stars and encouragement.  It worked on and off.   More off the potty than on.

Then one day, grandma tried Raisinettes.  They worked like a charm.  I was so upset that I was using chocolate but so happy that it was so effective.  So we stocked up on Raisinettes and cut back on diapers.

However, he still wore diapers at night.  He didn't want to anymore, but I just wasn't ready.  Not ready to get up in the middle of the night again to take him to the potty or change wet sheets.

Once I was ready I invested in piddle pads (doggy wee wee pads from petco).  This at least saved the mattress.  This time I didn't mess around with the stars and charts first and went straight to the chocolate.  So then we stocked up on oreos and finally stopped buying diapers.  Not a bad trade.  But I guess I should start saving for the cavities and dentist bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment